The school was started as a High school in the year 2002 with the recognition of the Department of School Education, Government of Tamilnadu in the educationally backward area.
In the year 2004 this school was upgraded as Higher Secondary School. When the school was started the strength of the school was only 85 students.
The boarded of the school was increased year by year.
In the academic year 2004 – 2005 there were 531 students. In the academic year 2008 - 2009 the strength raised to 1678 students but in the academic year 2013 - 2014 it was raised to 3353 students.
There are more than 100 teachers are working in the school. All the teachers of the school are well equipped in their subjects. They are performing well in their activities.